Make burger night a big hit with one of our ground beef boxes and this delicious burger recipe!
- 2lbs. lean ground beef 85/15
- 2 cups shredded cheese, we used Italian blend
- 1 Tablespoon Green Mountain Grill Beef Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 8 cheese slices, your favorite
- Bacon strips, optional (precooked)
- Condiments of choice
- Hamburger buns
- In a large bowl mix ground beef with shredded cheese and seasonings, then form into four patties. Sometimes we use a press and sometimes not. Both Good… Chill (Burgers hold together better when chilled and go on the hot grill cold) These guys were big so we grilled them for 20 minutes at 400 degrees (205c), 10 minutes per side with a quarter turn at 5 minutes for those nice flavor bars as I call them.
- Add the cheese and bacon the last 5 minutes of your cook. I like to pull my burgers at 160 degrees (71c). Keep in mind that they will continue cooking for another 5 to 10 degrees after you pull it off the grill. U.S.D.A. safe for all ground meat is 165 degrees (74c). I use a Maverick ProTemp Instant Read Thermometer for checking meat temps.
- Note: I get a lot of questions about the kind of pellets you can use with a recipe. Keep in mind that a recipe is just an outline. Some you need to follow closely like when you are making bread, but most you can do anything you can dream, our favorite way to cook. Feel free to mix and match the pellets until you find a combination you really like. Also you are only smoking at temps less than 250 degrees (122c), anything higher is cooking and there will not be much if any smoke so it does not matter what kind of pellet you are using.