Bring the family together with the awesome stuffed meatloaf recipe made with 4J Prosperity premium organic ground beef!
- 1½ lbs. 4J Prosperity ground beef
- 1lb. bulk hot sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups BBQ sauce (Use your favorite!)
- 1½ Tablespoons Meat Rub (Use your favorite!)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs, we like sourdough bread
- ¼ lb. Mozzarella cheese, cut into sticks
- Country Bob’s All Purpose Sauce, to taste
- In large bowl combine all your ingredients, except for cheese sticks. Place half of the meatloaf mixture on a small grill grate, top with cheese, then place the rest of the meat over the cheese thoroughly sealing in cheese.
- It is easier if you use a small grill grate for the meat.
- Cooking Directions: Wood Pellet Grill
- To prepare the grill for cooking, check your pellet supply and top off or change flavors as needed. Scrape grill grates, scrape the drip pan (if needed), and sweep any ash out of the burn pot. Check the grease pans and change them if needed. Turn the grill setting it at 350 degrees and give the grill about 10 minutes to reach temperature.
- I like to add a little smoke flavor to everything so I turn the grill down to 180 degrees (84c) After a good fire is established.
- Place everything directly onto the grill and just let it hang out in the smoke and get happy for 30 minutes or so. This is referred to as Smoking or Hot Smoking, the temperature is 180 degrees (84c). 30 minutes of smoking is not enough to have any cooking effect on your meat but it is enough to open the pores so that the meat can pick up all the flavor of the smoke.
- After 30 minutes, turn the grill up to 350 degrees (174c). Now you can cook your sides and pick up all of the wood-fired flavors from the grill. I did an hour here at 350 (174c). When the meat reaches an internal temp around 165 degrees (75c) pull it off, cover it and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving.